Dealing with emotions
Intense emotions and feelings: often you want to get rid of them as soon as possible. Even if it works counterproductive and it only worsens the struggle you’re in. It costs a lot of energy to struggle with emotions and feelings. It can induce fretting, sleeping problems, an increase of fear or depressive feelings, or not feeling comfortable in your own skin in general. In the long term being stuck in emotions can even lead to physical complaints. Therefore, it is important to deal with awkward emotions and feelings in a constructive way. Wondering how you can learn to do so? I’m happy to tell you all about it during the online training course Dealing with emotions.
During the online training course Dealing with emotions you gain more insight in emotions and feelings. You learn how they’re naturally connected to other aspects of your human nature, like needs and longings, instincts, thoughts and inspiration. You learn what is needed in order to experience peace and rest in contact with emotions and feelings. And which influence you can exert on it yourself.
Combined with the online training course, you can follow the Individual VIP track or the Group VIP track. You then receive individual feedback and/or tailor-made feedback as a group during 14 weeks. You can find more information on the VIP tracks in the price table further down this page.
This is what you need
Would you also like to find peace and balance in dealing with emotions? Are you looking for a training course that supports you in building a firm basis? Then you’ll definitely benefit from the online course Dealing with emotions, with or without a VIP track. The Dealing with emotions training course helps you with what you truly need in order to create peace and balance in your daily life:
1. A clear view on who you are: you need to get to know yourself. Who are you and what you do truly need? What keeps you awake at night? How do you deal with intense emotions? What are the underlying motives of your daily actions? Getting to know the ‘real life’ version of yourself, including all the bad habits, tricks and procrastination, gives you direction.
2. The embracement of unwanted visitors: it is necessary for you to (learn to) deal with ‘unwanted visitors’. They are the unexpected physical sensations, pain, emotions, feelings, thoughts or behavioral patters that arise as soon as you relax or sense emotions.
During the Dealing with emotions training course you not only learn why it is important to welcome them, you also learn how to do this yourself, step by step. However, there’s no need for you to start to like the unwanted visitors. In the end, the goal is to no longer chase them away. You learn to develop a mindset and behavioral patterns that help you to endure the visitors.
Whenever you’d like to know more about this: in my book The wisdom behind emotion and feeling I explain on a deeper level how to deal with emotions and pain naturally.
3. A smart, well-thought-out structure: once you’ve started with your inner journey, you need at times to be able to hold on to something that guides you through the fog or difficult moments. A structure that you trust. That helps you to move on, without hurry or skipping steps on the way. An experience based structure that is composed based on your needs and the experiences of many hundreds of people before you.
The Dealing with emotions online training course offers you such a structure. It is not always possible to maintain a clear view and simultaneously get to know yourself better. Therefore, it is often pleasant to (partially) let go of control in order to experience. This way you can gain new experiences that support you to grow from the inside out. That’s how you gradually change the way you experience your daily life.
4. Interaction with your teacher and co-students: whenever you bump into questions during the online course, it is pleasant to be able to ask your teacher questions. You can do so during the Individual VIP track or the Group VIP track. Both can be joined in combination with the online course. During the VIP tracks there is plenty of room for individual alignment, connecting to your unique personal and professional background and answering questions. You’re welcome!
It can also be nice to share your experiences with other students. The Group VIP track is especially designed for this purpose. Just for everyone has a different background, you can learn a lot from each other. Whenever you go through a process of change and inner growth, it is important to (continue to) express what lives inside of you. Sharing experiences is enriching for yourself but also for your co-students and teacher.
5. A notebook to write it all down: whatever it is that you’ve experienced when you deal with emotions, you need to write down your experiences. By writing you’re invited to observe what happens. Writing helps to let go of emotions and fears, by acknowledging them and giving them the right to exist. Writing also helps you to move beyond control issues. From the moment that you’ve written down how things were for you, you’re able to surrender to the next moment without worrying or clinging to it.
Your notebook is your external memory. It enables you to live through processes of inner growth and to experience all sorts of unexpected feelings with it. In due time you can reread your notes and discover patterns that you were previously unaware of.
Dealing with emotions
With the Dealing with emotions online training course you can learn and integrate all of this step by step. It helps you to find and maintain inner balance. In a way that supports your personal and professional life.
The Dealing with emotions online training course helps you to get started and continue to grow in your own environment. The course has a clear structure and buildup that supports you in gaining skills and insights step by step. With audio, video, do it yourself assignments and guided meditations you refine your knowledge and insights. It’s all about learning by doing!
The Dealing with emotions online training course is focused on acquiring experience based knowledge, insights and skills. Just like the VIP tracks, the online training courses are suitable for every experience level: Wendy van Mieghem teaches in such a way that both beginners and (very) advanced practitioners can make a huge step forward in their development.
You receive unlimited acces for your own personal use. As a result, you can really follow the online training course at your own pace. You can also repeat it as often as you like. This helps you to deepen your knowledge, insights and skills.
Caution: you need an internet or wifi connection every time you wish to access and practice the Dealing with emotions online training course.
This is what you get
With the Dealing with emotions online training course you receive the following modules:
- About dealing with emotions: What are emotions? What are feelings? And what’s the difference between them? Which instincts do you run into when dealing with emotions? This lesson contains an extensive video explaining the ins and outs in dealing with emotions. With a do it yourself assignment, reflection questions and a meditation/mindfulness exercise. You become more aware of what dealing with emotions means for you right now. You observe your own motivation.
- Your human nature: this lesson contains a video with a short summary (in proportion) of more than one hour during which the interaction between instincts, emotions, feelings, thoughts and inspiration is explained. You learn about the difference between destructive and constructive ways of dealing with emotions, about the two roads towards happiness and about the importance of alignment and relaxation. With do it yourself assignments, reflection questions and a meditation/mindfulness exercise.
- The wisdom behind emotions and feeling: how do you learn to understand the wisdom behind emotion and feeling? That’s what this lesson is about. We’ll explore what wisdom is and study 3 examples in depth.You learn about the central role of needs and longings in your daily life. And about the connection between change, growth and recovery. With do it yourself assignment, reflection questions and meditation/mindfulness exercise.
- Interaction in contact: when you wish to learn to deal with emotions and feelings, it is important to learn to make an increasingly refined distinction between what is yours and what belongs to others. From this distinction you need to (learn to) recognize and respect your own boundaries. In this lesson you learn, among other things, which steps you can make in contact with yourself, how the interaction with others goes from there, what emotional entanglement is, which levels can be distinguished in it, how these levels arise and what you can do to untie the knot. With do it yourself assignments, reflection questions, and meditation/mindfulness exercise.
- The interim score: take time to reflect on how the online training course is going for you up to now. Learn about frequently made pitfalls and their solutions. With do it yourself assignment, reflection questions and meditation/mindfulness exercise. You learn how to deal with impatience, loneliness and resistance.
- Making space: during this lesson we zoom in to the interaction between emotions and thoughts. We explore the different aspects of thoughts and how they influence the way you deal with emotions and feelings. You learn how you can make more space in your head, in order to sink into your pelvic area, legs and life. With do it yourself assignment, reflection questions and meditation/mindfulness exercise.
- Question and answer: during this last lesson I explain what the human question and answer mechanism is and how it works. With help of 3 examples you develop more insight in this mechanism. Next, you get into it. This last module also contains a do it yourself assignment, reflection questions and a meditation/mindfulness exercise. In addition, I offer some tips and suggestions on how you can continue the good work you’ve done so far.
Students of the online training course are welcome to join the Conscious Living Community: a private Facebook group where you can ask questions and share experiences with other students.
The Dealing with emotions online training course is developed by Wendy van Mieghem. She is a psychologist, sociologist and is a European Certified Psychotherapist. From her company Consciousliving.eu she helps companies, teams and individual professionals grow in contact and communication. She’s a specialist in leadership development and change processes. Wendy offers training courses in English and Dutch.
Wendy van Mieghem is author of the book The wisdom behind emotion and feeling – Your daily life as a mirror , an internationally acclaimed conscious living manual.
Once you have decided that you want to deepen your insight and skills in dealing with emotions through me, it can be pleasant to choose a VIP track during the purchase. You can choose between an Individual VIP track or a Group VIP track.
A VIP track offers you all the advantages of live contact: during 14 weeks I tune in on who you are and what you need to develop yourself fully with help of the online training course.
When you follow the Individual VIP track I reserve time for you during which you will have my full attention and presence. In consultation, you can decide in which way you’d like to use this time: for example 30 minutes every week or 1 hour every 2 weeks. We have contact through Skype, phone or you can visit my office in the Netherlands.
When you follow the Group VIP track with your group, I split my time in 2 separate days of group training on location. In between the group training you can use 2 or 3 times an individual contact moment with me via Skype or phone.
You can find more information about the VIP tracks in the price table below. Or you can contact me.
Dealing with emotionsonline course
- Unlimited access for your own personal use only
- Packed with experience based knowledge and insights
- Directly applicable to your daily life
- Learn by doing – at your own pace
- Step-by-step explanations with video and/or audio
- With do-it-yourself assignments, reflection assignments and meditation exercises
- Interact with the teacher and co-students in a private Facebook group
- Developed by an experienced psychotherapist and trainer
Dealing with emotionsIndividual VIP track, online course included
- After a short acquaintance by phone, we’d like to receive your confirmation of order by mail, together with your payment information
- We’ll send you an invoice. After we’ve received your payment, we’ll send you a questionnaire. Please fill it in carefully and completely, and return it by email to Wendy van Mieghem.
- With help of the completed questionnaire, we’ll make acquaintance more extensively for about one hour by phone, Skype or Zoom.
- You’ll be working with the online course Dealing with emotions. You receive unlimited access for your own personal use.
- During 14 weeks you go through the total online course. In between, we regularly have contact – for about 7 hours in total. We’ll set data and points in time by agreement. You receive custom made feedback.
- You receive a hardcover or ebook copy of the book The wisdom behind emotion and feeling
- You receive access to the online minicourse meditation and the online minicursus that supplements the book The wisdom behind emotion and feeling.
Dealing with emotionsGroup VIP track, online course included
- During the group VIP track you receive custom made feedback, individually + (if wished for) as a group. Max. 8 persons.
- After a short acquaintance by phone, we’d like to receive your confirmation of order by mail, together with your payment information.
- We’ll send you an invoice. After we’ve received your payment, we’ll send each participant a questionnaire. Please fill it in carefully and completely, and return it by email to Wendy van Mieghem.
- With help of the completed questionnaire, we’ll make acquaintance more extensively. As a group (during one day) or individually per participant for about one hour by phone, Skype or Zoom.
- Each participant will be working with the online course Dealing with emotions. You receive unlimited access for your own personal use.
- During 14 weeks each participant goes through the total online course. In between, we regularly have contact – individually and/or with the group. We’ll set data and points in time by agreement. You receive custom made feedback, individually + (if wished for) as a group.
- Each participant receives a hardcover or ebook copy of the book The wisdom behind emotion and feeling.
- Each participant receives access to the online minicourse meditation and the online minicursus that supplements the book The wisdom behind emotion and feeling.
Good to know
Both the online course and the VIP tracks are developed at academic level (higher education or equivalent ability).When you’d like to enroll to the online course Dealing with emotions in combination with an Individual VIP track or a Group VIP track, please send me an email with your name, phone number and in short who you are and why you’d want to join. I’ll contact you within 2 work days so we can arrange the practical aspects.
Attention: it is only possible to join the Group VIP track when you enroll a group of max. 8 persons. Open enrollment is not possible.
After we’ve received your payment, we can get started. You’ll receive a coupon code that gives you ‘free’ access to the online course in the webshop.
TIP: when you’d like to go through the online course in 14 weeks, I advice you to take 2 weeks for each lesson. Going through each lesson (video, audio, do it yourself assignment, guided meditation) takes first about one hour of your time. Once you start to repeat a lesson, it can go quicker.
Exercise twice a week in order to gain enough experiences. This way you enable yourself to actually acquire the insights and skills that you long for.
Naturally, you may also take more time to go through each lesson before you move on to the next. Attune to what you need and learn at your own pace.
Property and copyright
The ownership and copyright of the online course and training rest entirely with Wendy van Mieghem. It is not allowed to publish, spread, copy, duplicate or edit any of the information without expliciet written permission by Wendy van Mieghem.
How it works
Do you only want to join the online course Dealing with emotions , without a VIP track? Then follow these steps:
- Choose the right article in the shop: click here to purchase the stand alone online course Dealing with emotions without VIP track;
- Add the course to your cart and make your payment;;
- Now you have your own wendyvanmieghem.com account, where you can find all of your purchases of both paper and digital products of consciousliving.eu
- Each time you’d like to use an online course, you go to the ‘My account‘ page and you log in with the password and username that you chose during your payment (step 2).
- Then go to the ‘My courses‘ page.
- Click on the name of the online course you’d like to work with and you’ll get to the contents of the course.
- Click on the lesson you’d like to follow.
I wish you a sparkling day full of wisdom and new insights.
Dealing with emotions